Scheduling Your Appointment:
If you have an unintended pregnancy, a complication of pregnancy, or are considering having an abortion, we are here to help you in any way we can. We understand that this can be an extremely difficult time and we will make every effort to help you make the best decision for you.
The following information will be useful if you would like to schedule an appointment for a pregnancy termination:
- We accept most private insurance and Medi-Cal plans.
- With private insurance, please be advised that insurance verification and pre-authorization typically take at least 24 hours to process. On average, most appointments are made within one day of your initial phone call.
- Please remember to bring a picture ID and insurance card to your appointment.
- We cannot see you without your photo identification.
- If you are paying privately, payment in full is due at the time of service.
- Payment can be made by cash, credit card or money order.
- We specialize in high-risk pregnancy terminations; if you have medical conditions such as diabetes, a bleeding disorder, history of caesarian section, or any other medical condition, please inform our staff while you are making your appointment. A consult with the operative physician may be necessary. We may also need copies of your medical records and previous treatments. If you are a fetal indications patient, we will need prenatal diagnosis, and prenatal care records.
- Two hour off-street parking is available as well as a private parking lot behind our building.
- For your comfort and the comfort of other patients, children are not allowed in our office.
- If you plan to have pre-operative pain medication, conscious sedation or general anesthesia, you must have someone accompany you.
- Patients having a two-day procedure may drive themselves home the first day; however, we recommend that you arrange to have someone provide transportation for you for both days.
- If you are having a local anesthetic with your procedure you may drive yourself home.
- Do not have anything to eat or drink eight hours prior to your appointment time. This includes, gum, candy, soda or water.
- Do not take any unnecessary medications. If you take prescription medication for a medical condition, you may take it with a very small sip of water. Bring with you all medications you are currently taking.
- Notify our staff of any medical problems you may have at the time that you make your appointment.
- If you plan on using insurance or Medi-Cal bring your card with you.
- One support person may accompany you. No children are allowed in the clinic.
- Payment in full is due at the time your appointment. If you are using insurance, prior arrangements/authorizations must be made before your appointment. We participate with most insurance plans, medical groups and HMO's, including; PacifiCare, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, HealthNet, United Healthcare, and Cigna. We accept all major credit cards, ATM (debit), and cash or money orders. No personal checks are accepted.
- Parking is in the rear of the building and is 50 cents per hour. We do not validate parking.
- Be on time for your appointment. If you are more than fifteen minutes late, we may need to reschedule your appointment.